California League of Bond Oversight Committees
To promote school district accountability by improving the training and resources available to California's Prop 39 school bond oversight committees, educating the state legislature, local school boards, and the public about the oversight and reporting power these Citizens' Bond Oversight Committees (CBOCs) have, and to advocate on a state level, where appropriate, on issues of common concern to all CBOCs.
Statement of Purpose
- To provide the general public with informational and educational materials and activities on local School Bond Oversight Committees that will help increase public awareness of the valuable role the CBOCs play in the Prop 39 school bond process, and
- To promote comprehensive training and orientation of all new CBOC members throughout the state, and
- To promote adequate funding, staffing and other support as typically required by CBOCs to be provided in all districts throughout the state with Prop 39 Bonds pursuant to fulfilling their lawful duties, and
- To promote the preservation of all CBOC reports throughout the state in both the county of origin education office and a centralized state ar-chive repository accessible to the public, and
- To advocate public distribution of all CBOC reports, and
- To maintain a website to provide current information concerning issues, events and activities of CBOCs, and
- To sponsor a statewide conference of CBOC Members and interest parties, and
- To work toward the preservation and enhancement of the CBOC system by sponsoring needed legislation, and
- To undertake any other efforts consistent with the foregoing that will increase the public knowledge of the CBOC system and the contribution it makes and continues to make to California taxpayers and toward good government.